This order is for the Old Poindexter Cynthiana Distillery Shirt. Shirts are Made of tri-blend material and will be on a light gray shirt. It will have the Old Poindexter Bourbon original label on the front.
The distillery was established by John Poindexter ca. 1850. The land was originally owned by Phil Keath, who had operated a mill on the site. John Poindexter rebuilt the mill and added the distillery. The distillery output was sold as "Poindexter Bourbon".
In 1880, the still was acquired by the Wigglesworth Bros, who tore down and rebuilt both the mill and distillery. The capacity was increased to 100 bushels per day, yielding 1,500 barrels annually. Perrin (1882) records that the distillery was iron clad and measured 40 x 100 ft in size, with three floors. Product was stored in two iron-clad warehouses capable of holding 6,000 barrels, but two new brick warehouses were being built to replace them. The distillery employed eight men at $1.50 per day and the waste from the mashing fed 250 hogs. Perrin also notes that the distillery was buying barrels from Cincinati at $2.50 a piece, and the barrels held the brands Poindexter Bourbon, and Wiglesworth Bros.
1889: the distillery was put up for sale following the death of one of the Wigglesworth Bros. It was purchased by the surviving brother (W T Wigglesworth) as The Wigglesworth Bros. Co. The property now included four warehouses with a capacity of 6,000-8,000 barrels.
This is the second distillery in the series of 4. All proceeds go towards the development of a Cynthiana Distillery Trail.
Address:141 East Pike St. Suite 3 Cynthiana Ky 41031