The first instance of a distillery at Lair came around 1850 when T.J. Megibben constructed the Megibben & Bramble Distillery and sold bourbon under the “Excelsior” brand. It went under ownership changes and the introduction of some new brands – including “Old Louis Hunter,” before being acquired by Seagrams in 1942.The plant closed twice in its history: during Prohibition and from 1947 until 1958. After a decline in bourbon sales – part of a nationwide trend, Old Louis Hunter closed for good in 1974.
This is the fourth and final shirt in the Cynthiana Distilleries Shirt Series. All proceeds from shirt sales will go towards the development of a historical bourbon distillery tour and map in Cynthiana.
Address:141 East Pike St. Suite 3 Cynthiana Ky 41031